College Squash Facts
- Over 20 million squash players participate regularly worldwide in over 185 countries.
- Squash players are highly educated, of which 98% are college graduates and 57% having further graduate degrees.
- The United States has the fastest growing squash participation worldwide –the Sports & Fitness Association (SFIA) shows 82% growth overall between 2007 and 2011 to more than 1.2 million squash players.
- More than 200 colleges and universities have courts, including 23 of the top 25 colleges as ranked by Forbes magazine.There are 81 men’s and 46 women’s programs now. For a full list of College Squash teams http://collegesquashassociation.com/
- In today’s hyper-competitive world of college admissions, squash programs are becoming popular among clubs and schools seeking to build well-rounded students athletes with an edge in the college admission process.
- In last five years, there has been an 18% increase in the number of club and varsity college programs. It is expected to keep growing as the increased junior participation continues to drive more elementary, middle, and high school programs to develop collegiate level athletes.
- The 2017 High School Team Championships hosted over 150 teams from more than 20 states. This is the largest Junior Squash Tournament in the world with more than 1,500 players